This textbook presents a comprehensive introduction to the principles and practices of manufacturing processes used in the engineering industry. The book offers a practical approach to the subject with emphasis on production processes, machinery, technology and management of manufacturing processes. The text also follows the analytical approach aimed at assisting the students in developing an indepth understanding of the technical parameters involved in manufacturing. Numerous problems have been solved and clear illustrations have been provided to help students gain useful insights into the often complex relationships among design and economical factors. The end-of-chapter questions, descriptive as well as numerical exercises, are suitably designed to enhance student learning.
The book will be valuable for students pursuing degree courses in mechanical engineering, production engineering and industrial engineering.
• Includes a chapter on jigs and fixtures
• Discusses important machine tools and metal cutting processes
• Emphasises industrial safety norms
• Covers advanced topics such as non-conventional machining and welding
• Highlights the significance of measurements and metrology in inspection and quality control of production processes.