This book helps prepare students for careers in Finance by describing a wide range of instruments for financing, investing, and controlling risk available in today’s financial markets.
• In-depth coverage of the various sectors of the financial markets provides students with a solid foundation of information.
• Discussion of the latest instruments enables students to recognize the contribution made by a new financial instrument.
• Blending of theory and practice provides students with a balanced presentation.
• End-of-chapter questions using material from practitioner publications allow students to review and reinforce material using real-world resources.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
Several new chapters have been added including one on:
• Insurance Companies
• Asset Management Firms
• Investment Banking Firms
• Commercial Mortgages and Mortgage Backed Securities
• International Bond Markets
• Credit Risk Transfer Vehicles