Designed for both students and practitioners, this text incorporates the latest thinking in public administration and nonprofit management. The book integrates both quantitative and qualitative approaches to research, and also provides specific instruction in the use of commonly available statistical software programs such as Excel and SPSS.
Coverage includes such important topics as research design, specifying research problems, writing questions and designing questionnaires, designing and carrying out four classes of qualitative research approaches, and analyzing both quantitative and qualitative research data. The book is exceptionally well illustrated, with plentiful exhibits, tables, figures, and exercises.
Change in the Second Edition
• New chapter on how to prepare a research proposal.
• Coverage of research in nonprofit organizations has been expanded throughout the book.
• The section on qualitative methodologies has been expanded to include action research, critical research, empowerment research, and feminist research models.
• Quantitative methodologies are expanded to include multivariate and nonparametric statistics.
• The step-by-step instructions on the use of both Excel and SPSS packages are updated to include their latest versions. These chapters have been widely acclaimed for their clarity and usefulness.