This well-organized book is intended for the undergraduate students of Electrical, Electronics and Communications, Computer, Instrumentation and Instrumentation and Control Engineering; and postgraduate students of science in Electronics, Physics and Instrumentation.
Data acquisition being the core of all PC-based measurements and control instrumentation systems engineering, this book presents detailed discussions on PC bus based data acquisition, remote data acquisition, GPIB data acquisition and networked data acquisition configurations. This book also describes sensors, signal-conditioning and principles of PC-based data acquisition. It provides several latest and advanced techniques. This book stresses the need for understanding the use of Personal Computers in measurement and control instrumentation applications.
KEY FEATURES :
• Provides several laboratory experiments to help the readers to gain hands-on experience in PC-based measurement and control.
• Provides a number of review questions/problems (with solutions to the odd numbered problems) and objective type questions with solutions.
• Presents a number of working circuits, design and programming examples.
• Presents comparison of properties, features and characteristics of different bus systems, interface standards, and network protocols.
• Includes the advanced techniques such as sigma–delta converter, RS-485, I2C bus, SPI bus, FireWire, IEEE-488.2, SCPI and Fieldbus standards.