This book leads the way in providing in-depth coverage of tools and techniques for the performance evaluation of TCP/IP networks. It is designed for use in a second course on networking with a prerequisite course on introductory networking or data communications. It is also valuable as a reference to the most recent advances in TCP performance research for professionals like network engineers, R&D managers, research scientists, and network administrators.
• Provides a running case study that glues together different chapters.
• Begins each chapter with a list of learning objectives.
• Offers chapter summary and review questions at the end of each chapter.
• Includes an additional reading list with annotations for each chapter.
• Displays numerous illustrations, examples, and laboratory exercises.