With an interesting approach to educate the students in signals and systems, and digital signal processing simultaneously, this book not only provides a comprehensive introduction to the basic concepts of the subject but also offers a practical treatment of the modern concepts of digital signal processing.
Written in a cogent and lucid manner, the book is addressed to the needs of undergraduate engineering students of electrical, electronics, and computer disciplines, for a first course in signals and digital signal processing.
• Detailed coverage of the signals, systems, and network concepts.
• Extensive treatment of mathematical tools like Fourier analysis, Laplace transformation, and Z-transformation.
• Lucid explanation of FIR, IIR, DFT, and FFT.
• Presentation of discrete time analysis of signals and systems, and discrete time systems in frequency domain.
• Solved examples in each chapter to reinforce the understanding of the topics covered.
• Numerous objective type questions and exercises.
• Discussion on practical applications of digital signal processing.