This book provides comprehensive exploration and detailed coverage of material on microprocessors and PC hardware. Written in a clear manner and enhanced with several design examples, the text first explains the fundamentals of microprocessor architecture, programming and hardware using the Intel 8086. It then applies the concepts learned to other advanced Intel microprocessors, making their understanding easy once the basics are mastered.
Offering a solid foundation in microprocessor and PC technology, and sound pedagogy from basic concepts to applications, this textbook is ideally suited to the needs of undergraduate engineering students in computer science, electronics, communications, electrical and instrumentation disciplines. Besides, it will be a useful text for postgraduate students in physics and computer science applications.
• Numerous solved examples aid easy under-standing of principles
• Design examples can be directly wired on bread-board and tested in practical sessions
• Several ready-to-use assembly language programs and C programs are given
• Many interfacing problems are suggested for design projects
• Besides end-of-chapter review questions and problems, more than 350 objective type questions with answers enable students to reinforce their understanding of the concepts.