Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), one of the fastest growing segments in Information Technology today, enables organizations to respond quickly to the ever increasing customer needs and to capitalize on market opportunities.
This revised edition continues to throw light on the significance of Business Engineering and its link with Information Technology. Besides, it discusses the role of consultants, vendors and users, the process of customization, as well as the methodology and guidelines for ERP implementation.
Intended for the discerning chief executives, functional managers, MIS managers and students of management courses, the book should also serve as a complete reference for understanding the concepts of ERP and enable organizations to implement ERP solutions.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SECOND EDITION
• Focusses on Indian ERP packages, with a new section on "Example of an Indian ERP Package".
• Provides Answers at the end of the book to most of the problems given at the end of each chapter for the benefit of both the students and the teachers.
• Discusses ERP, its scope, benefits and its evolution in an easy-to-read style.
• Helps understand the business processes that underlie a business management information system, and how ERP fits into the business model.
• Shows how a company can win orders in a competitive environment, using ERP as a tool.
• Presents the key features of some of the leading ERP packages marketed, and a few case studies on some major companies which have successfully implemented ERP solution.