The sixth edition, with numerous improvements over the previous edition, continues to offer students of management the most thorough, balanced, and current survey of the investment environment and the investment process. With a fresh and simulating approach, the book provides a solid theoretical framework, integrated with a discussion of new investment management techniques, to build a practical knowledge of the functioning of securities and securities markets.
The essentials of prominent investment concepts are explained through numerous well-knit examples to enhance students’ grasp of the material. Included in each chapter are bulleted summaries, endnotes, key terms, questions and problems, and extensive annotated references to give students a strong foundation and opportunity for further study of topics presented in the text.
New to this edition
• Totally updated content to keep students abreast of the latest developments in investments.
• NEW chapter on efficient markets discusses the notion of market efficiency that underlies much of the current investment thinking.
• Statistical concepts in appendix to Chapter 6 help understand the quantitative side of investing.
• NEW boxes on institutional issues demonstrate how theoretical concepts are applied in the real world.
• Revised and expanded of financial analysis which now includes a real-life corporate example.