This book provides a comprehensive understanding of rural marketing and management practices in India, with a focus on targeting rural consumers. It covers topics such as rural market segmentation, consumer behaviour, product development, pricing strategies, distribution channels, and promotional activities. The book also explores the challenges and opportunities associated with rural marketing and management, such as infrastructure issues, limited resources, cultural differences, and regulatory barriers.
In addition, the author discusses case studies and real–world examples of successful rural marketing and management initiatives, including those of companies like Hindustan Unilever, ITC, and Mahindra & Mahindra. The book also offers practical insights and recommendations for marketers and managers who want to tap into the rural market and make their products and services more accessible to non-urban consumers.
Overall, the aim of the book is to equip undergraduate and postgraduate students, academicians, marketers, managers, and entrepreneurs with the knowledge and tools they need to succeed in the challenging and dynamic environment of rural markets.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE BOOK
• All important aspects of rural marketing and management from product development and consumer behaviour to trends, practices, challenges and government initiatives.
• Case studies and real–life examples of successful rural marketing and management, emphasizing best practices and lessons learned from different industries and regions around the world.
• Exclusive chapters on Rural Digital Marketing, E-commerce and Rural Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
• Up-to-date data, graph/charts, diagrams for references and clear understanding.
• Equips students and academicians, with the knowledge and tools they need to succeed in the challenging and dynamic environment of rural markets.
• MBA (Marketing)
• PG Diploma in Rural Marketing/Development
• B.Tech (Recently Introduced)