In response to the increasing significance attached to supply chain management in both academic and professional areas, this text intends to build a bridge and highlight the relationship between various disciplines of SCM like demand planning, manufacturing planning, logistics planning, digital supply chain management strategy, analytics, performance benchmarking, etc. The book, in its second edition, mainly focusses on the digital aspects of supply chain management. Accordingly, Chapter 6 has been overhauled and renamed as ‘Digital Supply Chain Strategy and Adoption’.
Primarily intended to address the typical and general syllabus requirements of postgraduate management programmes, and undergraduate and postgraduate engineering programmes, the book also caters to the needs of the industry professionals in the supply chain domain.
• Comprehensive treatment of SCM concepts
• In-depth coverage of topics like CODP, CPFR, JIT-II, VMI, TPL, FPL, SCEM, SCOR, etc.
• Reinforcement of concepts through Indian case studies
• Focus on Digital SCM implementation and practical issues
• Profusely used flow diagrams and figures.
• MBA / PGDM
• B.Tech (Manufacturing Engineering Textile Technology)