There is a dearth of books on neurological examination that give a comprehensive analysis of the subject. Dr. Navneet Kumar, with his expertise and vast teaching as well as practising experience, provides tips to the students and practitioners to conduct neurological examination of the patients in a scientific and systematic manner. He shows with, great skill, how the examination of first impression and gait, history taking, and examination of higher mental functions including speech are to be conducted.
The book, in the Second Edition, has been updated and enhanced by introducing more illustrations and visuals for clear understanding and diagnosis of diseases and disorders. The text focuses on the examination of all the cranial nerves (First to Twelfth), the motor system, movement disorders, the sensory system, the autonomic nervous system, and bladder dysfunction, with equal deftness, besides other important concepts. This systematically organised book provides different approaches to examine the unconscious patient, and special neurological situations, the methods of neurological investigation, as well as the methods of case sheet writing.
Primarily intended as a practical handbook for the students of MBBS, MD (Medicine), DNB (Medicine), Paediatrics and Psychiatry, the book would also be of great value to the students pursuing DM (Neurology) and M.Ch. (Neurosurgery) as well as practising physicians and neurologists.
• Gives anatomical details of all cranial nerves.
• Highlights common problems in neurology, generally not mentioned in any other handbook.
• Provides about 200 real photographs and diagrams, and also a large number of tables to illustrate the concepts.
• Includes a thorough analysis of neurological investigations.
• MBBS / MD (Medicine) / DNB (Medicine)
• Paediatrics & Psychiatry
• DM (Neurology) / M.Ch. (Neurosurgery)