Let’s Know What’s There In The Book
QUANTUM MECHANICS : 500 PROBLEMS WITH SOLUTIONS
By G. Aruldhas
Quantum mechanics is an important area of physics and students of ten find it ‘tough’ from the understanding point of view. By providing 500 problems with their solutions, Professor Aruldhas, with his expertise in and long experience of teaching the subject, makes the students comprehend the fundamental concepts of Quantum Mechanics with ease.
This problem book provides a thorough understanding of the subject and its applications to various physical and chemical problems. The text includes typical problems that illustrate the concepts. It is self-explanatory, comprehensive, and user-friendly.
Key Features :
- · Gives, in the beginning of each chapter, an outline of the theory required for solving problems.
- · Includes problems from the simple plug-ins to increasing order of difficulty to strengthen the student’s understanding of the subject.
- · Provides many mathematical steps to make the book user-friendly.
- · Gives solutions of problems with different types of potentials including the Dirac delta function potential.
- · This book is recommended in Calcutta University for B.Sc.
- · Both undergraduate and postgraduate students of physics and chemistry as well as those preparing for the Joint CSIR-UGC test for JRF and other competitive examinations should find this book extremely practical and valuable.
G. ARULDHAS, PhD, was Professor and Head of Physics Department, and Dean, Faculty of Science, University of Kerala. With over four decades of teaching experience at the PG level.
Dr. Aruldhas served as CSIR Emeritus Scientist and Director, University Institute of Technology, Kerala University. He published about 145 research papers in various national and international journals. Dr. Aruldhas authored four other books which were published/are being published by PHI Learning.
1. Quantum Theory
2. Wave Mechanical Concepts
3. General Formalism of Quantum Mechanics
4. One-Dimensional Systems
5. Three-Dimensional Energy Eigenvalue Problems
6. Matrix Formulation and Symmetry
7. Angular Momentum and Spin
8. Time-Independent Perturbation
9. Variation and WKB Methods
10. Time-Dependent Perturbation
11. Identical Particles
13. Relativistic Equations
14. Chemical Bonding
Buy the book from our website. Click https://www.phindia.com/Books/BookDetail/9788120340695/quantum-mechanics-aruldhas