Let’s Know What’s There In The Book
By Itzik Ben-Gan, KEVIN, FARLEEl, ADAM MACHANIC, Dejan Sarka
Squeeze maximum performance and efciency from every T-SQL query you write or tune. Four leading experts take an indepth look at T-SQL’s internal architecture and offer advanced practical techniques for optimizing response time and resource usage. Emphasizing a correct understanding of the language and its foundations, the authors present unique solutions they have spent years developing and rening. All code and techniques are fully updated to reect new T-SQL enhancements in Microsoft SQL Server 2014 and SQL Server 2012 and help you write faster, more efcient T-SQL code.
• Move from procedural programming to the language of sets and logic
• Master an efcient topdown tuning methodology
• Assess algorithmic complexity to predict performance
• Compare data aggregation techniques, including new grouping sets
• Efciently perform data analysis calculations
• Make the most of T-SQL’s optimized bulk import tools
• Avoid date/time pitfalls that lead to buggy, poorly performing code
• Create optimized BI statistical queries without addition.
Itzik Ben-Gan, is a mentor and cofounder of SolidQ. A Microsoft Data Platform MVP since 1999, he has delivered T SQL querying, tuning, and programming training worldwide. His books include T-SQL Querying and Microsoft SQL Server 2012: High-Performance T-SQL Using Window Functions. He has written for SQL Server Pro, SolidQ Journal, and MSDN, and has spoken at SQLPASS, SQLBits, IT/Dev Connections, and SQLTeach. He is the author of two SolidQ T-SQL courses.
Dejan Sarka is a Microsoft MVP for SQL Server who develops database and business intelligence solutions. He has authored or coauthored many books about SQL Server, including the Training Kit for Exam 70-448.
CHAPTER 1 Logical query processing
CHAPTER 2 Query tuning
CHAPTER 3 Multi-table queries
CHAPTER 4 Grouping, pivoting, and windowing
CHAPTER 5 TOP and OFFSET-FETCH
CHAPTER 6 Data modification
CHAPTER 7 Working with date and time
CHAPTER 8 T-SQL for BI practitioners
CHAPTER 9 Programmable objects
CHAPTER 10 In-Memory OLTP
CHAPTER 11 Graphs and recursive queries
Buy the book from our website. Click http://social.phindia.com/EGHD1Fyg