This comprehensive book critically examines and presents in detail, a conceptual framework on various components/structures of a formal financial system which includes financial institutions, financial markets, financial instruments/securities, financial services, financial regulations and regulatory authorities. It brings to its readers the ever-changing organisational, structural, institutional, regulatory and policy developments in the financial sector of India.
The book contains 36 chapters divided in 6 parts. Part A, Financial System, comprising 3 chapters, provides an overview of the Indian financial system, economic development and the financial sector reforms in India. Part B, Financial Markets contains 11 chapters to provide an in-depth analyses of different elements of Indian financial markets. Part C, Financial Instruments comprises 3 chapters to deal with instrumentation side of the financial system.
Part D, Financial Institutions, includes 7 chapters to provide an in-depth knowledge about institutions functioning in the financial system. Part E, Financial Services comprises 10 chapters to put readers’ attention towards financial services that do facilitate the components of core financial system. Part F,Financial Regulations includes 2 chapters to deliberate on the financial regulations and the role of regulatory authorities.
The book is designed as an essential textbook for a course on Indian Financial System for both undergraduate and postgraduate students of management, economics, finance and commerce as well as other related professional courses, like ICAI, ICWAI, ICSI, ICFAI, and CAIIB.
• Includes Basel norms to manage risk in commercial banks. It also contains various current topics for the convenience of the readers.
• Highlights changes and amendments brought in within the rules, regulations, and guidelines, made by the authorities, like SEBI and RBI.
• Incorporated with pedagogical tools, such as tables, figures, appendices, review questions, and MCQs (on selected topics).
• Solution manual containing answers to the MCQs and Numerical Problems is available on demand.
• Includes an exhaustive glossary of terms to explain the core concepts.
• PowerPoint slides available online at http://phindia.com/das-financial-system-in-india to provide integrated learning to the students.
Solution Manual is available for adopting faculty.