The TCP/IP technology has evolved over the years and undergone substantial improvements to meet the demands of modern high-speed network technologies. These demands involve the handling of increased traffic, providing better and efficient services, and implementing foolproof security measures for authentic and safe communication.
Offering clear explanations of underlying issues, this book provides an accessible introduction the basic principles of the Internet and its accompany-ing TCP/IP protocol suit. It discusses a wide range of topics, including:
• Principles and applications of TCP/IP and other relevant protocols
• Coordination of multiple interconnected physical networks and protocols
• Routing and its specific components—Internet addressing, protocol layering and implementation
• Client-server model of communication
• Internet security—issues and concepts
This textbook is designed for students of BE/BTech pursuing courses in Computer Science and Engineering, Information Technology, as well as for students of computer applications (BCA and MCA). It can also be a valuable reference for ME/MTech students of Computer Science and Engineering and Information Technology, specializing in computer networks and network programming.