The challenges of making popular video games are staggering. A game development team comprises designers, programmers, artists, and production staff. This book introduces the process behind the design of video/computer games and explains how the development team uses story, art, gameplay mechanics, motion and sound to make a game as best as it can be.
• How game ideas originate.
• How game concepts are developed.
• How the specifications for a game are developed, based on game concepts and vision.
• How the key components of a game story and different types of game characters are created.
• The programming elements, scripting, art and animation components of a game project.
• How a game design document is written.
• The production processes that take the game to the prototype stage.