This text offers an easy-to-understand presentation of the game development process: from game proposal to release. The book outlines all the main stages of a game's development, describing what happens at each stage in detail.
• Game proposal, research and game management
• Pre-production, prototyping art direction and audio
• Basic game mechanics, screen interface theory and control models
• Market feedback, contracts and how to schedule the development, critical path analysis product packaging, IPR, copyrights
• Software process model, game build frequency debugging, testing, launch and redesign.
The book is rich in real-world case scenarios which help the reader to gain a complete understanding of game management.